Abbeys, Castles and Museums
- Abbeys: The Hautes-Pyrénées has over 10 abbeys, all dating from the 10th century. The most significant are the Abbey of Escaladieu and the Abbey of Saint Savin.
- Châteaux and Country Houses: The Hautes-Pyrénées have a large number of châteaux and country houses (of which there are 12)
- the château de Mauvezin,
- the château de Lourdes,
- the château de Montaner,
- the "bastides" of Galan, Rabastens de Bigorre, Tournay and Trie sur Baïse.
- National Stud Farm in Tarbes : A protected site and historical monument, and a key part of local history, the Tarbes National Stud Farm is famous across the world and is hope to national stallions of different races, including certain local ones.
- Museums: The Department of the Hautes Pyrénées is full of a history you can discover during your visits. You will discover local traditions and history, in addition to traditional craftsmanship. Find the list of museums in the Hautes-Pyrénées here
>>> The Musée International des Hussards in Tarbes which recently reopened its doors after 10 years (2 large collections to explore: the international Hussar collection and a fine art collection).
Grottos and Mines
During your stay, explore the unusual worlds at the heart of underground tunnels:
Information and Booking of your stay:
HPTE - Hautes Pyrénées Tourisme Environnement :
www.tourisme-hautes-pyrenees.com or +33(0)18.104.22.168.00